‘Walk softly and carry a big stick’ means that you want to understate yourself rather than overstate yourself. Let your date find out about the complex, intriguing man/woman that you are. Let them read and discover the mystery that you are instead of trying to convince them yourself. Here are some tips:
- You are awesome but if you blow your own trumpet, then that’s a turn off for most people. Instead, let them discover how awesome you are and it will work wonders for your X10 later on.
- Do not put a photo of you that’s too misleading. Using filters or using an image from your younger days are just a few examples. When your date meets you in person they will be immediately disappointed by this. Instead, put up your recent best photo, but don’t be dishonest. It will always come back to hurt your relationship later on.
- Do not put up photos of you with other men or women on your profile. This creates mixed signals and many people will simply avoid you rather than deal with any ‘players’.
- Do not lie about anything on your profile!!! You do not have to disclose all the ugly truths about you, but you don’t want to lie about things either. For instance you do not want to lie about your income because your date will wonder why you don’t pull up in a posh car or live like a King. Now you have to deal with the pressure and stress of maintaining an image that you cannot possibly uphold. It’s ok to be yourself so be yourself. Especially, women will appreciate this a lot.
- Do not choose an age range of under 30 unless you, yourself, are like 24 years old. If you are in your twenties then this is ok, but if you are 49 then you are being an idiot. Choose closer to your own age so that you avoid looking like a pervert and actually get a date with a woman.
- Do not say that you are here to ‘mix’ or ‘mingle’. This will turn off most women who will assume that you mean to fool around. Instead say that are seeking someone special, but are willing to wait for him/her.
- Do not bring up anything about sex. This is a turn off for around 99.9% of women anywhere at anytime. Women think with their hearts not their sexuality.
- On your profile do not create a list of your hobbies. Instead, describe an ideal day or a really amazing experience you had one time. This way you look less like another faking idiot and more like a unique creative individual.
- Do not physically describe the perfect woman/man (even if you have one in mind). Nobody likes to be judged against a ‘physical’ meter. Your profile will get rejected every time.
- Instead of describing the man/woman of your dreams describe the life and the feelings that you want to share with him/her.
- Do not put up photos on your profile with short or revealing clothes. This just makes you look like an idiot and an attention seeker.
- Have a great head-shot for your main photo. Then, add a few different shots for your profile pictures. Have one photo that depicts the more human side of you. This demonstrates your ability to be vulnerable and women are attracted to this. Nobody wants a statue of perfection.
- Fill in all of your profile so that women have something to read. Unlike men, women read the entire profile to see who you are and what you like. Women enjoy getting a feel for who you are so give them all the juicy details. You are not trying to brag about all of your accomplishments as much as you are trying to demonstrate how interesting you are.
- For your headline you should have something which demonstrates that you are in touch with your feelings. That line right there will get you additional views/month. It shows humility, respect, and a willingness to continue doing self development. Women love this.
- Put some of your favorite books that you have read on your profile. Women are always attracted to men who can demonstrate the patience and intelligence to read some books. In fact this increases your chances of attracting women to you by around 25%. However, if you are already kind of nerdy and bookish, do not list the various academic texts that you have read over the past decades. Instead, list one or two interesting fiction works that you have read and then highlight other areas of your profile instead.
- If you are not in the greatest shape physically this is ok. Simply demonstrate that you are in the process of losing weight or getting back in shape somewhere on your profile. It’s also ok to be who are you and be comfortable in your own skin. But, for argument sake, dating is much more fun when you feel better about your body. Additionally, the vast majority of women prefer a man who is in good shape. You do not have to be an Adonis, but you do want to have a physically appealing body.
Overall, both men and women enjoy a ‘balanced’ profile that shows you are intelligent, have sense of humor, are somewhat physically inclined, and not too arrogant.Have something unique on your profile that makes you stand out from others. They want to know what makes you different.